Issued: 9th June 2010
by: Peta Stuart-Hunt, CHC Communications Officer T: +44 (0) 1590 679 621 | M: +44 (0) 7711 477 707
Shake-up of CHC Board as new term starts
Roger Mathias has taken over as the new Chairman of Cowes Harbour Commission (CHC) following the departure of Jeremy Preston who has served the Commission since 2001 when the new constitution was introduced. Commissioners can usually only stand for two terms of three years each, however they are allowed to stand for a third term if they take over as Chairman, as was the case with Jeremy Preston.
Two new Commissioners have also been appointed following the successful selection process that included both a stakeholder representative, Adrian Wilkins from the CHC Advisory Committee, and an independent on the Selection Committee, Judge John Wroath.
The Commissioner appointments were made from a strong short list of six candidates. Jeremy Lear, who had been co-opted since last September, was selected to become a full Commissioner as well as Jeff Armitage, the Managing Director from GKNAerospace on the Isle of Wight. The other Commissioner to stand down was Jeremy Wyatt.
Annual public meeting tomorrow – calling all harbour users!
Cowes Harbour Commission is holding its annual public meeting tomorrow – Thursday – to present its Annual Report and Accounts for 2009 and the Commission’s plans for 2010 and beyond. This is an especially important meeting during which the Commission will bring attendees right up to date with all the latest news on the Outer Harbour Project that has now reached a particularly important stage in its development. The meeting takes place tomorrow, Thursday 10th June, at 1900hrs at the Royal London Yacht Club, The Parade, Cowes.
New website launched
All the relevant information for both commercial and leisure users of Cowes Harbour is now live and online at the Commission’s fresh new web resource. Designed by Cowes-based website development company BoxStuff, the CHC website also contains a section dedicated to each of the commercial services owned and operated by the Harbour Commission.
Please bookmark the new site at http://www.cowesharbourcommission.co.uk.
- 49,986 hits
prpeta on A Southern Expedition claims ‘… Sarah Wolf on A Southern Expedition claims ‘… Tweets that mention… on Calypso: A family affair &… IDESS on Editorial coverage – sec… Di on Editorial coverage – sec…
- Royal Southern Yacht Club unveils new Champion of Champions Trophy sponsored by Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.
- Bart’s Bash put the FUN into fundraising as organisers hail this year’s event a resounding hit
- First 2K Team Racing event is a success
- CHAMPIONING YOUR CLUB
- The Royal Southern Yacht Club celebrates an outstanding year
- The latest FOGHORN!! paper.li/PRPeta/1313922… Thanks to @KirstieMAllsopp @Firetrench @NickyAACampbell #pr #sailing 11 minutes ago
- RT @sailaiduk: This time last week we were welcoming our guests to the first Sail Aid UK fundraising dinner. Please contribute to the cause… 14 hours ago
- RT @Shirleysail: This will be music to the ears of many @BritishVirginIs sailing fans around the world - maybe not his finest song ever but… 1 day ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: I’m determined to do something about this. #BeKindToElephants https://t.co/0dGkx4vNzD 1 day ago
- Hurricane Irma: Sail Aid UK’s fundraising event raises £46,000 ybw.com/news-from-yach… 1 day ago
- RT @RSrnYC: We've published our member @_HannahDiamond's Leg 1 winning report from @Vestas11thHour on Facebook.com/royalsouthernyc #VolvoOceanRa… 1 day ago
- @wave105radio - view from Bowling Green, Lymington. #sunsets https://t.co/IL5E2Leqms 1 day ago
- @Shirleysail @BritishVirginIs @cnnsport @MooringsYachts We @sailaiduk raised £46,000 last Saturday night to add to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Brilliant. 🙏🏻 twitter.com/shirleysail/st… 1 day ago
- #ff @sailaiduk doing awesome work to raise awareness and funding for the Caribbean Action Stations Fund - please co… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago