The appointment of a Business Development Manager at Sailing Logic
underpins expansion plans and new initiatives
Sailing Logic Ltd, the multi-award winning sail and race training yacht charter business based in Southampton, has appointed Sharon Hayward as the company’s Business Development Manager.
This is an exciting and diverse role in a vibrant business that continually strives for success and excellence. Sharon’s passion for sailing combines perfectly with her commercial skills and experience, motivation and drive to strategically push Sailing Logic forward in a positive manner.
Sharon, 33, brings with her eight years of diverse experience gained in the sales and marketing of products and services ranging from No7 cosmetics to financial services as well as a Marketing Manager for Carling beer. More recently she has been working with Neilson Active Holidays as a Flotilla skipper with a focus on customer service. She joins the Sailing Logic team to manage the company’s sales strategy and its implementation. This remit includes identifying new corporate charter business, a tough call in a tough economic climate, and she will also be developing the RYA Sailing School side of the business.
Sharon is relishing the challenge ahead, commenting, “The team’s experience, energy and enthusiasm combined with their amazing results and friendly approach makes them a company I am proud to promote. Both individual and business customers will know that they are in very safe hands. I’m really looking forward to helping them take the business to the next level.”
Sharon has joined Sailing Logic in January as the company moves into new waterfront offices at Shamrock Quay, Southampton.
An informative new website & Club Logic
In support of their sales and marketing drive, Sailing Logic has also just launched a lively new website that combines detailed information about its range of products with all the latest news about the wide-ranging activities on offer, both on and off the water. This includes corporate sailing, RYA courses, inshore and offshore yacht racing and yacht charter as well as introducing a new initiative called Club Logic <http://www.sailinglogic.co.uk/club_logic.htm>.
Club Logic key benefits include regular opportunities for discounted and even free sailing, as well as great deals from the leading marine clothing company, Musto, plus regular monthly social evenings at the Royal Ocean Racing Club in central London. All that is required to join is to go sailing for at least a weekend and then crew automatically become part of the club. Club members are kept updated with the latest news, upcoming events and special offers.
The company’s packed 2010 Racing Calendar kicks off 13/14 March with the first round of the Warsash Spring Series and the season ends with the Garmin Winter Series, when they will try to repeat their 2009 performance, winning 1st and 2nd places in IRC1. Philippe Falle, Director, is looking forward to another successful year commenting, “We are very excited about 2010. Moving forward from where we left off in 2009 is going to a huge ask, but we are up for it! We are really looking forward to getting back out on the water again in March at the Warsash Spring Series and then heading further afield for the Offshore campaigns. All this as well as taking the company into the next phase of growth and development means very exciting times for Sailing Logic and we are looking forward enormously to this great challenge.“
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Sailing Logic are winner of the RORC 2009 ‘Yacht of the Year’ Award.
- Sailing Logic is owned and managed by Alison Smith and Philippe Falle, a dynamic duo that has built a company with a reputation as the leading yacht racing charter company in the UK. The racing success of Sailing Logic speaks volumes for the quality of service provided, a quality that is carried out through all the sectors of the company, including Corporate Sailing Events, RYA Courses and Yacht Charter.
- As a multi award-winning company the ethos is clear; to provide opportunities for anyone to get out on the water and develop their sailing skills through the best level of service that is available. For the past five consecutive years Sailing Logic has won the Royal Ocean Racing Club’s coveted ‘Sailing School Yacht of the Year’ award. This is an endorsement of excellence that is unparalleled in the industry.
- Sailing Logic teams will be racing in the Round Ireland Race (19–25 June) as well as the arduous Sevenstar Round Britain and Ireland Race (23 Aug–5 Sept) and competing in a full inshore and coastal racing programme including Cork Week and Cowes Week.
- The full racing calendar is published on the website http://www.sailinglogic.co.ukrace_calendar.htm
Media Enquiries |High-Res Images:
Peta Stuart-Hunt | PR Works
T: +44 (0)1590 679 621
M: + 44 (0)7711 477 707
For further information about Sailing Logic, contact:
T: +44 (0)2380 330 999
M: +44 (0)7770 560 950
PUMA LOGIC – RORC YACHT OF THE YEAR 2009