Issued: Wednesday 27th January 2010
by: Peta Stuart-Hunt CHC Communications Officer T: +44 (0) 1590 679 621 | M: +44 (0) 7711 477 707
Attached photo: Barney Sollars, the new Marine Services Manager, Cowes Harbour Commission
COWES HARBOUR COMMISSION COMPLETES MANAGEMENT RE-STRUCTURE
CHC management has been streamlined for efficiency
Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK: A major management re-structure of Cowes Harbour Commission (CHC) has been completed with the objective being to provide a more streamlined and focused management team.
Capt. Stuart McIntosh, together with the Harbour Commissioners, has worked long and hard to formulate an appropriate management structure to take the business of Cowes Harbour into the next decade. Stuart explains that, “more authority is being delegated to the Team Leaders that are dealing directly with our customers and this ensures that we can continue to build on the delivery of quality and good value harbour and marine services for the marine customers of Cowes and the Solent.”
As part of the restructure, CHC is delighted to announce the appointment of the new Marine Services Manager, Barney Sollars who takes up this new position in February – see separate story below for more details.
CHC has also made three internal promotions to kick-start 2010 with three new Team Leaders being announced as:
- Kingston Marine Services, Boatyard Services – Jon Lucas
- Marine Service Contracts – Darren Gough
- Mooring Services – Barry Watkins
These new appointments combined with the appointment made at the end of last year of Theresa Dunford as Financial Administrator, and the promotion of Anne Ballingall to Marine Services Administrator, sees all the main elements of the new management structure in place.
Introducing Barney Sollars – Marine Services Manager
Barney brings 20+ years of experience to the newly created post of Marine Services Manager, including management, new build commissioning, round the world racing and yacht construction.
He joins CHC from Oyster Marine in Ipswich where he was Commissioning Manager, having worked in commissioning at Oyster for almost a decade. His previous experience includes project managing the Times Clipper 2000 fleet to race start, racing a 60 ft yacht around the world to 4th place in Clipper 98, maintaining and sailing the Thames Sailing Barge ‘May’ through five busy seasons and working aboard large yachts in the Mediterranean and Caribbean.
Barney will take day-to-day responsibility for managing all Cowes Harbour Commission’s marine services, catering to the needs of yachtsmen and marine customers of Cowes Harbour and the Solent. It is a demanding ‘hands on’ position within an integrated management team.
Asked what he thinks he can bring to this newly created position, Barney responded,“I love Cowes and have been a regular visitor to the harbour since I left the Island in 1986. This is a great post that plays to my strengths of working with small and medium sized teams across a range of familiar disciplines. It combines a balance of strategy and planning with hands-on outdoor activity. I look forward to joining an established and successful management team in exciting dynamic times.”
You can keep up to date with all the latest news from Cowes Harbour Commission, sign up to receive regular newsletters and watch the latest Outer Harbour Project Video here: http://www.cowes.co.uk <http://www.cowes.co.uk>
- 49,692 hits
prpeta on A Southern Expedition claims ‘… Sarah Wolf on A Southern Expedition claims ‘… Tweets that mention… on Calypso: A family affair &… IDESS on Editorial coverage – sec… Di on Editorial coverage – sec…
- Royal Southern Yacht Club unveils new Champion of Champions Trophy sponsored by Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.
- Bart’s Bash put the FUN into fundraising as organisers hail this year’s event a resounding hit
- First 2K Team Racing event is a success
- CHAMPIONING YOUR CLUB
- The Royal Southern Yacht Club celebrates an outstanding year
- RT @marineindnews: Bright Star at the end of Bart’s Bash rainbow marineindustrynews.co.uk/bright-star-en… via @marineindnews @BartsBash @AndrewSimpsonFo htt… 2 hours ago
- RT @AndrewSimpsonFo: Get bidding and help the sailing communities and grassroots sailing programmes affected by #HurricaneIrma #sailonbart… 2 hours ago
- RT @Olly_perkins: I've just finished Dave Selby's book - @ImpracticalBoat Owner. It's a hilarious bunkside book - highly recommended! https… 2 hours ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 13 Mentions, 9.73K Mention Reach, 66 Favorited, 1 Reply, 17 Retweets. See yours with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Today is a @RSrnYC day & time for to review & reflect on the success of a jam-packed summer schedule afloat & ashore. #marketing #pr 13 hours ago
- @JonathanCookUK Was aiming to see you y'day but didn't get out of the Media Centre. Positive day but didn't manage to see the Show! 13 hours ago
- RT @JonathanCookUK: Cracking day at #TYMSBS17 today! Come say hi to me if you're visiting - J047 https://t.co/x1a0JN7R0B 14 hours ago
- A good day @SotonBoatShow with more support & action pledged for @sailaiduk - not a moment too soon with Hurricane Maria wreaking more havoc 1 day ago
- Hooray! Congrats. twitter.com/jonathancookuk… 1 day ago
- Brilliant. twitter.com/ballardschool/… 1 day ago