The Lymington-based prestige RIB builder, Scorpion RIBs Ltd, has teamed up with the world’s top female powerboat driver Shelley Jory to create a fabulous opportunity that can only be ‘won’ by bidding for it in the Wave 105 Cash for Kids Auction taking place live on air for one day only on WEDNESDAY 21st October 2009.
Last year the auction raised over £43,000 for the benefit of good causes here in the South and with the help of everyone had an overwhelming 167 prizes for the auction. This year they are aiming for 250 prizes. One of those prizes is described by Wave 105 as one of their ‘Money can’t buy’ offerings.
‘Money can’t buy’ A breathtaking opportunity on the Solent! Wave 105 is offering an adrenalin-fuelled trip for four people on board a Scorpion RIB driven by the world’s top female powerboat racer, Shelley Jory. It was a Scorpion that recently competed in the Cowes Torquay Cowes Powerboat race, with the legendary sailor Sir Robin Knox Johnston and Shelley Jory on board and battling through massive seas to win its class.
Whoever grabs this amazing opportunity will start their day by meeting up with Shelley at Scorpion’s HQ in Lymington for a safety briefing before riding the waves at speed to the famous Needles, turning back down the Solent to Cowes where you’ll be treated to lunch at the Pier View, also courtesy of Scorpion RIBs. Later, you will return to Lymington at Shelley’s usual full throttle speed.
Bidding starts at £300. Anyone wanting to bid needs to ring this number:
0330 555 1050
Visit the Wave 105 website for more details: http://www.wave105.com/ and tune in to Wave 105.2FM on 21st October and ramp it up!
Conditions Passengers must be aged over 18 on the date of the trip. Passengers must cover their own travel expenses to and from Lymington. Passengers will be provided with lifejackets but should provide their own clothing i.e. jeans and sweatshirt, trainers or deck shoes, waterproof jacket, sunglasses. Passengers will be required to sign an indemnity form. No alcohol is allowed to be consumed on board the RIB, nor is it included in the lunch (for obvious reasons!) The trip can be taken on a date to be agreed, and subject to weather conditions, between May and August 2010. In the event of cancellation, Scorpion RIBs and Shelley Jory will re-schedule. There are no cash alternatives.
- 49,986 hits
prpeta on A Southern Expedition claims ‘… Sarah Wolf on A Southern Expedition claims ‘… Tweets that mention… on Calypso: A family affair &… IDESS on Editorial coverage – sec… Di on Editorial coverage – sec…
- Royal Southern Yacht Club unveils new Champion of Champions Trophy sponsored by Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.
- Bart’s Bash put the FUN into fundraising as organisers hail this year’s event a resounding hit
- First 2K Team Racing event is a success
- CHAMPIONING YOUR CLUB
- The Royal Southern Yacht Club celebrates an outstanding year
- RT @sailaiduk: This time last week we were welcoming our guests to the first Sail Aid UK fundraising dinner. Please contribute to the cause… 14 hours ago
- RT @Shirleysail: This will be music to the ears of many @BritishVirginIs sailing fans around the world - maybe not his finest song ever but… 1 day ago
- RT @TheEllenShow: I’m determined to do something about this. #BeKindToElephants https://t.co/0dGkx4vNzD 1 day ago
- Hurricane Irma: Sail Aid UK’s fundraising event raises £46,000 ybw.com/news-from-yach… 1 day ago
- RT @RSrnYC: We've published our member @_HannahDiamond's Leg 1 winning report from @Vestas11thHour on Facebook.com/royalsouthernyc #VolvoOceanRa… 1 day ago
- @wave105radio - view from Bowling Green, Lymington. #sunsets https://t.co/IL5E2Leqms 1 day ago
- @Shirleysail @BritishVirginIs @cnnsport @MooringsYachts We @sailaiduk raised £46,000 last Saturday night to add to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Brilliant. 🙏🏻 twitter.com/shirleysail/st… 1 day ago
- #ff @sailaiduk doing awesome work to raise awareness and funding for the Caribbean Action Stations Fund - please co… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @Peter_Bruce_OWL: Sickening: Trump’s allowing hunters to murder elephants and import their heads as gory trophies. Let's stop him! https… 1 day ago